Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waiting and waiting

I am a little anxious for baby Izaiah to arrive. I know my due date is not until March 17th, but I am feeling like the time should be NOW! My plan has been to work until this baby arrives, but right now I am no longer in the mood to work. I want to go home to clean up, organize and I want to create more in my sewing machine. I took my machine out earlier this week and placed it on the dinning room table to work on some more cute projects for Izaiah but in reality it has not even been touched. I just have not had the energy to do anything after coming home from work and getting dinner ready. There is always something with more priority that needs to get done. To top it off today ‘s weather does not help either; lets admit a rainy day makes you want to be at home, cuddling up in some blankets and watch TV or sleep.
I went for another check-up this week and an ultrasound too. Zak, my mother and Izaak came along. We were super excited to see how our baby was doing. We did not realize that due to his current size it is not very easy to appreciate all of him with the ultrasound. The main purpose of the ultrasound at this point is mainly to measure his size and check the amount of fluid left in the placenta. The tech said that due to the measurements of the circumference of his head, size of his femur and size of his stomach the estimate for his current weight is of 7 lbs and 3 ounces. A whole pound bigger than when our Izaak was born. Whohoo!!
I also met with Dr. Lavoie and after checking my cervix she stated that I was about 1cm dilated. I was extremely excited. Dr. Lavoie said that any day now this baby would be here. Hooray! As part of the routine she handed me my chart and asked me to set-up a follow-up appointment in a week but also mentioned then that she did not think I would make it to that appointment and that she would just see me at the hospital. I was jumping for joy inside.

I want to hold my baby in my arms already!

No comments:

Post a Comment