Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Madre Mia


It has been amazing having my mother here for the birth of Izaiah. I was really anxious for the day to come when she would be here in NC. I adore her and the distance between us is just not fair.

Mom stayed with Izaak while Zak and I were at the hospital for the delivery of our new baby. I knew that Izaak was in great hands and that made me feel at peace. She is a great mom and grandmother. She knows just what to do to make us feel better and take good care of us. Mom was even potty training Izaak while we were staying at the hospital. She is awesome! Izaak had a great time. I was anxious to introduce Izaiah to his abuela. It has been a blessing for Anthoinette and I to have our mom close to us after the birth of our children. Izaiah is mom’s fifth grandchild and she is so happy to be around all her grandchildren.

I appreciate my mom more every day. Being a mom myself has made me realize what an amazing job my mother did. I sometimes ask myself how she was able to handle us four kids, each with a 2-year difference or less. I sometimes think that I may not be able to handle it with my two boys, but her great example keeps me going. Gracias mami por todo tu amor y por tu ejemplo. Te quiero mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment